A lot of people claimed that age plays a major role in our sleep pattern. As we age, the time for sleep generally decreases. But today, there is a more accepted reason for the changes in the sleep pattern. And those are the factors that disrupts with our ability to get a good night sleep.
Those factors could be biological and environmental. But inspite of those factors, however, an actual biological decline of the sleep drive might also be a reason for this difficulty.
If you notice that there is a decline of your sleep drive, there are practices and behaviors that my help you acquire as much comforting and refreshing sleep as possible. Here are some examples of these practices and behaviors:
- Go to bed early at night to get adequate sleep.
- Build a relaxing routine in the evening, especially as your bedtime approaches.
- Minimize watching TV in bed.
- Provide a cool and relaxing environment for your sleep.
- You might also like to consider going to sleep with the sound of white noise, sleeping with calming sounds.
- Exercising is a big help, but avoid doing it so near to your bedtime. If you do, your adrenaline flow will keep going and will keep you awake.
- Limit daily intake of caffeine and avoid alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid stress during your day – stress reduction blog has some great tips!